Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Since we're in the waiting phase, I thought I'd update by sharing two blogs that I follow, focusing on open adoption. They are from both sides of the spectrum, one, an adoptive mom writing to her son about each day of his life, and the other, a birth mom who is completely forthcoming- which I love. I know that things aren't going to be easy or comfortable, so reading her blog helps me understand what I can't imagine.

Thanks to those of you who ask Kenny and me so often how things are going or what's new with the adoption. I hope we can stay as positive and hopeful as we are right now. Many of you make it a point to ask us, and although sometimes I want to run away from that question, it means the world to both of us that friends and family remember that we deal with this daily, and take time out to acknowledge it. We recently met another couple in Lafayette who are adopting through IAC, and it was great to speak without a filter over some pints and tasty food. We had so many of the same thoughts and did not feel one bit guilty speaking them out loud. They have been waiting much longer than we have, yet they are still lively with talk of the future.

If you have time, take a peek at these blogs to get a picture of how an open adoption could work for us someday, although I think each one is unique.

The Thompson Baby
Chronicles of Munchkin Land

1 comment:

  1. I am flattered! If family or friends would like to learn specifically about our open adoption interactions they can click on the right hand side under tags "visiting J" Be of wishes you guys! The wait is hard but worth it!

    ReplyDelete